Sport Climbing Level 2
Lead Climbing & Belay
So you can climb, but have you challenged yourself to be a more independent climber? Come join us in upgrading your climbing skills to Level 2, whereby you will learn the core aspects of sport climbing!
The Sport Climbing Level 2 course teaches you on lead climb techniques as well as dynamic belaying, where you will be able to climb with greater confidence.
Lead climbing will benefit you not only in physical strength, but also mentally, where you will be able to challenge yourself more against gravity.
In order to join for this course, you must be Sport Climbing Level 1 certified and also have the physical strength to complete a simple route. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
About Sport Climbing Level 2?
Sport climbing level 2 is an advancement from the top-roping skills acquired from Level 1 and progresses into lead climbing on artificial climbing walls. Participants must be confident in BOTHclimbing and belaying techniques as covered in Level 1 before taking on this course.
Participants will be introduced to the method of lead climbing, with the placement of protection points, to belaying a lead climber. Also, additional techniques such as top-out on a fixed anchor as well as proper checking methods, equipment handling and climbing calls.
This course is a requirement when doing lead climbing in Singapore climbing gyms. It is also recognised in climbing gyms around South East Asia, subject to their respective terms and conditions.
SNCS Level 2 is certified under Singapore Mountaineering Federation.
In this course
- Top-rope Climbing vs Lead Climbing
- Placement of protection points
- Equipment used for Lead Climbing
- Knots used for climbing
- Learn to be a dynamic belayer.
- Arresting a climber’s fall
Lead Climbing & Techniques
- Climbing and clipping techniques
- Undo incorrect clipping techniques
- Safe falling position
- Learn to top out at the end of the climb
“I took a 2 day Sport Climbing Level 2 certification from Fahmi in December 2018. Fahmi is an all rounded climber, from indoors sports climbing, outdoor multi-pitch climbing to speed climbing, he had done it all. This means he is highly experienced and had probably seen it all. The instructor you want to learn from for proper safe climbing technique.
Fahmi has a relentless focus on hard fundamental climbing skills, dishing out wisdom on proper belay forms, control of rope slack and clipping technique. Something that is easy to get complacent as I progress as a climber.
I can feel Fahmi’s passion for climbing. His climbing stories are contagious and really pique my interest in what is possible besides indoor sports climbing.”
– Review extracted from Facebook Page
- Completion and acquired a Sports Climbing Level 1 certification.
- Able to climb on a simple route without difficulty. (Grade 6A)
- 2 Days of 7 hours (inclusive of lunch break)
- The Cliff @ Snow City (default venue)
- Other Venues subject to their availability
Things to bring
- Recommended Attire: Pants that cover the knees
- Water Bottle
- Climbing Harness and shoes (if any)
- includes equipment, administration and certification
- Bank Transfer
Details will be given upon registration
Why learn from us?
- Complimentary workshop on using ABD devices (on same day!)
We have over a dozen different ABD devices for you to try!
- Receive up to 30% off on discount vouchers on climbing gears from our partners upon completion of course
- Invitation to sign up for our membership to enjoy more privileges
- 8th/9th Feb (Sat/Sun) – T-Hall.sg [More Slots Available]
- 29th Feb/1st Mar (Sat/Sun) – The Cliff @ Snow City
- 14th/15th Mar (Sat/Sun) – The Cliff @ Snow City
Can’t wait that long? We are available on weekdays too.
Min 4 climbers to start! Enquire us for more info!
Sign Up Now
Special Rates for the following
- Climb’O’Dachi Members
- Group Bookings of 4 and more*
- Boulder Movement Citizens – Rates click here.
*Enquire us for more details and terms