So you can climb, but have you challenged yourself to be a more independent climber?
Come join us in upgrading your climbing skills to Level 2, whereby you will learn the core aspects of sport climbing!
The Sport Climbing Level 2 course teaches you on lead climb techniques as well as dynamic belaying, where you will be able to climb with greater confidence.
Lead climbing will benefit you not only in physical strength, but also mentally, where you will be able to challenge yourself more against gravity.
In order to join for this course, you must be Sport Climbing Level 1 certified and also have the physical strength to complete a simple route. So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
In this course you will learn
- Climbing equipment used for lead climbing
- How identify and clip in protection points and remedy wrong placements
- Learn dynamic belaying and equipment management
- Understand fall factor and impact force
- Safety checks! Always be safe.
How long is the course?
The course duration is 14 hours and to be completed over 2 days.
Who can take up Sports Climbing Level 2?
- Completion and acquired a Sports Climbing Level 1 certification.
- Able to climb on a simple route without difficulty. (Grade 6A at least)
What to bring?
- Attire: Minimum must be 3/4 pants.
- Water bottle
- Sports Shoes (Climbing shoes preferred)
About Sport Climbing Level 2?
Sport climbing level 2 is an advancement from the top-roping skills acquired1500 from Level 1 and progresses into lead climbing on artificial climbing walls. Participants must be confident in BOTH climbing and belaying techniques as covered in Level 1 before taking on this course.
Participants will be introduced to the method of lead climbing, with the placement of protection points, to belaying a lead climber. Also, additional techniques such as top-out on a fixed anchor as well as proper checking methods, equipment handling and climbing calls.
This course is a requirement when doing lead climbing in Singapore climbing gyms. It is also recognised in climbing gyms around South East Asia, subject to their respective terms and conditions.
SNCS Level 2 is certified under Singapore Mountaineering Federation.