Ever thought of being somewhere up high watching the sunrise upon the horizon? Or even the view of the whole landscape?
Well now you can by beginning your journey in learning how to climb!
Sport climbing is the fundamental aspect of rock climbing whereby beginners such as yourself can learn how to climb. Climbing can even provide a balance between improving your physical strength and endurance. Not to mention disciplining yourself mentally in defying gravity.
Do you know an hour of climbing can burn between 500 to 900 calories? That's more than what you can make by running!
In this course you will learn
- Introduction to climbing in Singapore and the many variations of climbing
- Know the correct usage of various climbing equipment
- Learn the basics of climbing and the 5 step belaying technique
- How to communicate effectively
- Safety checks! - While climbing is fun, it is also important to always be safe!
How long is the course?
The course duration is 7 hours
(inclusive of 1 hour lunch break)
Who can take up Sports Climbing Level 1?
- Anyone with at least 13 years of age.
- NO prior knowledge of climbing required!
What to bring?
- Attire: Minimum must be 3/4 pants.
- Water bottle
- Sports Shoes
About Sport Climbing Level 1?
Sport climbing level 1 in Singapore is a certification course for new climbers intending to take up climbing. The objective of this course is to give participants an enjoyable, safe and informative introduction to sport climbing.
Participants will be introduced to the various climbing equipment being used, climbing techniques, checking procedures, belaying for top-roping techniques and climbing calls.
This course is a requirement when belaying in Singapore climbing gyms. It is also recognised in climbing gyms around South East Asia, subject to their respective terms and conditions.
SNCS Level 1 is certified under Singapore Mountaineering Federation.