Sport Climbing Level 1
Top Rope Belay
Ever thought of being somewhere up high watching the sunrise upon the horizon? Or even the view of the whole landscape?
Well now you can by beginning your journey in learning how to climb!
Sport climbing is the fundamental aspect of rock climbing whereby beginners such as yourself can learn how to climb. Climbing can even provide a balance between improving your physical strength and endurance. Not to mention disciplining yourself mentally in defying gravity.
Do you know an hour of climbing can burn between 500 to 900 calories? That’s more than what you can make by running!
About Sport Climbing Level 1?
Sport climbing level 1 in Singapore is a certification course for new climbers intending to take up climbing. The objective of this course is to give participants an enjoyable, safe and informative introduction to sport climbing.
Participants will be introduced to the various climbing equipment being used, climbing techniques, checking procedures, belaying for top-roping techniques and climbing calls.
This course is a requirement when belaying in Singapore climbing gyms. It is also recognised in climbing gyms around South East Asia, subject to their respective terms and conditions.
SNCS Level 1 is certified under Singapore Mountaineering Federation.
In This Course
- Introduction to climbing in Singapore.
- Learn the many variations of climbing.
- Learn the correct usage of climbing equipment.
- Inspections and caring tips.
- 5 step belaying technique
Basic Climbing Technique
- Use of different handholds
- Use of footholes
- Basic wall configuration
- Pre-climb checks
- Climbing commands
- Safety precautions
ABD Belay Devices
- *Bonus* Learn to use various ABD devices.
“Took my SNCS level 1 with them. It was a great choice, I came home safe, confident, knowledgeable and with good fun & experience.10/10 fully recommend. If you are considering them as your course provider, look forward to the extra module on assisted-braking belay device that they have towards the end of the syllabus and the welcome to climbing pack that you will receive upon completion of the course – both are exclusive to Climbodachi students. They also have excellent post-course bedside manner where they will attend to all of your climbing related enquiries efficiently with the answers that you need.“
– Extracted from Google Reviews
- At least 13 years of age.
- NO Climbing experience required.
- 7 hours (inclusive of lunch break)
- The Rock School @ Our Tampines Hub
- The Cliff @ Snow City
Things to bring
- Recommended Attire: Pants that cover the knees
- Water Bottle
- Sport shoes (Climbing Shoes provided but of limited quantity/size)
- includes equipment, administration and certification
- Bank Transfer
Details will be given upon registration
Why learn from us?
- Complimentary workshop on using ABD devices (on same day!)
We have over a dozen different ABD devices for you to try!
- Receive up to 30% off on discount vouchers on climbing gears from our partners upon completion of course
- Auto enroll to our membership scheme, free for one year from date of course.
To view our member benefits, click here (opens a new tab)
- 26th September (Sat) – T-Hall.sg (Registration Closing 23/09)
- 3rd October (Sat) – T-Hall.sg
- 5th October (Mon) – The Rock School
- 9th October (Fri) – The Rock School
- 10th October (Sat) – T-Hall.sg
- 11th October (Sun) – T-Hall.sg
- 31st October (Sat) – T-Hall.sg
Slots last updated: Friday, 18/09 @ 1300hrs.
Want to join with friends as a group but not enough slots? WhatsApp us for arrangement.
- No dates at this time
Sign Up Now
Special Rates for the following
- Boulder Movement Citizens – Rates click here.